07 Apr 2013
Construction Work at Markaz Asar e Shohada and Rehabilitation Centre Project
Shaheed Foundation Pakistan is striving to establish a Shaheed parwar society - a society where shahadat is viewed as a pinnacle of momin's perfection. For this purpose, an important area is to show -case the belongings of Shohada and their various articles for future generations to draw inspiration from their life style and rever their sacred belongings . Markaz-e-Asaar-e-Shohada was conceived with the same objective and the ground breaking work started back in Feb 2012 when the Ahliya-e-Mohtarma-e-Shaheed Quaid Allama Syed Arif Hussain al Hussaini laid the foundation of the Markaz here in Karachi. Annexed to it, will be Markaz-e-Nigehdasht ,a housing facility to provide temporary accommodation to the attendants /family members of injured victims of various tragedies. It may be noted that many such injured are routinely moved to Karachi for want of better medical facilities and it is becoming increasingly difficult to accommodate members on limited available accommodations for an un-seen period.
[Since the duration of treatment is usually not known for sure ,that how long would one take to recover.]
Alhamdulillaah, the work is progressing at rapid pace. Below is the sequential detail of the project and the incurred expenses there-in within this period of one year, ever since the foundation stone was laid.
1. A covered area measuring 3550 sq ft was dug in the first stage to lay the foundations for the basement of the building.
2. A two layered mesh of steel rods was laid out.
3. A three feet tall structure of rods was erected for column and underground wall.
4. On 23 Feb 2013, filling [bharayee] was done for foundation up to 15 inches.
5. For underground wall, a 7 feet high, double mesh was laid out.
6. For middle column 5/8 measurement rods [sarya] were used to erect a structure.
7. On 14th March 2013, shuttering was completed for underground wall and column structures and filling was done.
8. Basement roof is still being laid out till the filing of this report.
The incurred expenses are:
Note : Other floor coasting as ground, 1st. 2nd, 3rd we inform gradually.