10 Aug 2012
21st Ramadan: Yaum-e-Ali (A.S) Commemorated With Religious Fervor
Following are points from Maula's last will to his sons Imam Hassan (as) and
Imam Hussain (as).
1. My advice to you is to be conscious of Allah and steadfast in your
religion. Do not yearn for the world, and do not be seduced by it. Do not
resent anything you have missed in it. Proclaim the truth; work for the
next world. Oppose the oppressor and support the oppressed.
2. I advise you, and all my children, my relatives, and whosoever
receives this message, to be conscious of Allah, to remove your
differences, and to strengthen your ties. I heard your grandfather, peace
be upon him, say: "Reconciliation of your differences is more worthy than
all prayers and all fasting."
3. Fear Allah in matters concerning orphans. Attend to their
nutrition and do not forget their interests in the middle of yours.
4. Fear Allah in your relations with your neighbors. Your Prophet
often recommended them to you, so much so that we thought he would give
them a share in inheritance.
5. Remain attached to the Quran. Nobody should surpass you in being
intent on it, or more sincere in implementing it.
Fear Allah in relation to your prayers. It is the pillar of your religion.
6. Fear Allah in relation to His House; do not abandon it as long as
you live. If you should do that you would abandon your dignity.
7. Persist in jihad in the cause of Allah, with your money, your
souls, and your tongue.
8. Maintain communication and exchange of opinion among yourselves.
Beware of disunity and enmity. Do not desist from promoting good deeds and
cautioning against bad ones. Should you do that,the worst among you would
be your leaders, and you will call upon Allah without response.
9. O Children of Abdul Mattaleb! Do not shed the blood of Muslims
under the banner: The Imam has been assassinated! Only the assassin should
be condemned to death.
If I die of this stab of his, kill him with one similar stroke. Do not
mutilate him! I have heard the Prophet, peace be upon him, say: "Mutilate
not even a rabid dog."